Friday, February 1, 2013

SICK DAYS ARE FOR THE BIRDS!



Sick days are for the birds I tell you! Three days I have been home sick.  The first of three spent in denial, thinking this is just a "blip" on the radar screen, Ill get some rest and be back at it tomorrow.  The second day spent in accurate realization that, yes, this is really happening--and I even think I lost about 5 hours that second day in a weird "fever funk".  And now the third day is all about "I think I will live".









Most of you that know me well, know that the hardest part of me being down--is wrapping my brain around it.  Why is it so hard for us trainers to accept sickness? We know we need to take care of our bodies, but a part of our brain just doesn't want to relent..  and you should know that the whole time I've been in this bed, a small piece of my brain keeps telling me 
"YOU ARE THIS, MUST DO THIS, MUST GET UP, high knees, burpees, squats........"


My brain seriously won't give this up even sick (crazy right?)




EVEN THOUGH IN REALITY (AND TO  EVERYONE ELSE AROUND ME) I LOOK MORE LIKE THIS








                                  SERIOUSLY THOUGH, 




I really have missed everyone and had to post something.  And let's face it, when you are sick and in bed, for me, Pinterest is my friend. As I am sure you have guessed from my colorful, picture type posting today.  I think I have pinned 800 recipes I will never make and in my mind my house will look better than ever with all the house pictures I have pinned, and let's not even go into my "fake pinterest closet full of clothes." But lets be clear, when you are running a fever, even things like this become funny








Here's to hoping you all had a great week! I plan on full steam ahead come Monday and am already feeling much better!  Stay focused and strong. Remember to rest when your body needs it and then get back on track when you are feeling better. Cheers to wellness!

No comments:

Post a Comment